The North Shore Art League is a vibrant 96 year old art school that also offers exhibits, art camps, special arts events, workshops and lectures. Our office and studios are located in the historic Winnetka Community House, close to transportation and the village.
Part-Time Financial Administrator
Provide bookkeeping, payroll, and executive/administrative support functions for the organization.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting. Generate monthly financial statements and projections for board meetings. Provide other financial analysis for the board and staff as needed.
- Process payroll and required state and federal taxes at the close of pay periods. Includes maintaining 1099 records.
- Responsible for all financial transactions: to include accounts payable, accounts receivable, and cash receipts as required.
- Be a part of the finance committee; establish annual organizational and event budgets.
- Work with banks and outside tax accountant with compliance and timely filing of tax return information; provide reports for annual audit process.
- Work with the Executive Director to prepare financial information for grants applications and reports as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director or Board of Directors.
- Bachelor's or associate degree, non-profit management, related field preferred or comparable experience.
- Proficiency in Quickbooks, Windows 10, Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous bookkeeping experience preferred
- Ability to work with and collaborate effectively with small staff and stakeholders
- Nonprofit experience a plus
The Financial Administrator is a part-time position requiring 20 hours/week. Telecommuting and work-from-home options can be discussed during this Covid period, but time spent in-office is preferred.
Start date is 9/1/20.